Tuesday 18 March 2014

Character Focus Tuesday

When deciding what I wanted to do today to entertain anyone who might be reading this, I considered what I would be interested to read. After much deliberation, I decided to go for a post about a character. I think I'll pick a different one every week, whether it be from a TV series, a book or a film. For my first week, I've picked someone a little off the wall, who features in one of my favourite films:
Rick O'Connell
Featuring in the Mummy movies released between 1999 and 2008, Rick O'Connell is one of a group of 1920s heroes who fight, you've guessed it, mummies. Played by Brendan Fraser as a real human, and voiced by John Schneider as an animated character, Rick's overriding personality trait is that of loyalty. No matter what he says, he will always do what is best for those he loves, ranging from his wife Evy to his irritating brother-in-law Jonathon.

Ever since I saw the first Mummy movie, I've loved the series (except maybe the third movie - that was a little rubbish). One of my major reasons for loving it was always Rick. He's so blunt, pretty damn funny, and reacts in a reasonable way to a pretty unreasonable situation. Also, his little catch phrase of 'I hate mummies' really makes the series.

Any other Rick lovers out there? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment